Friday, September 4, 2015

IT IS MODI ALL THE WAY PART 15 - BIHARIS SHOULD COME OUT OF THE WELL AND PROTECT THEMSELVES FROM TWO COBRAS- NITISH SHOULD FOLLOW SUIT

IT IS MODI ALL THE WAY PART 15 - BIHARIS SHOULD COME OUT OF THE WELL AND PROTECT THEMSELVES FROM TWO COBRAS- NITISH SHOULD FOLLOW SUIT

#######################################

During the first ten parts of my series "IT IS MODI ALL THE WAY", I predicted certain things that would cook in the boiling political pot Bihar.  In the second part while dealing with personalities I predicted

1. Mulayam singh Yadav is an unpredictable horse to bet on.

2. I said his interest was more in UP and Nistish would be his adversary in the national scene and he would lose out in UP in he went all out in Bihar to anoint Nitish, with the help of Congress, that is till rooting for grassroots.



3. I said Arvind Kejriwal would prove more a liability than asset as his advises are going horribly wrong.


4. I predicted that the three main players, Congress, JDU, RJD would attack Modi but would not be willing to cede their identities. Thi happened in Patna. Each had his/her agenda.


5. I predicted youth would be disenchanted with Nitish for allying with RJD. It was proved in large gathering of youth at Modi meeting and poor response for Patna rally.


6. I predicted Modi was announcing Rs.1.25 lakh crore package to Bihar. I know no one in BJP. But I made arithmetic and projected the figure, purely adding 1 and 1 in news reports.


7. I predicted Mulayam and Pawar will be willing to be in the photio frame with Modi. Already Mulayam met Modi, as per reports.


8. I said the single point agenda of both Mulayam, Sharad and Lalu was to show Nitish his place in Bihar politics. They are Sakunis and Salyas in the Maha Biharita.


9. I said Congress would be an uninterested player there. Sonia had to be pressurised and she failed them to her capacity.


10. I said Nitish himself would be a Trojan Horse in his camp.


All the above proved to be right. I hope my analysis of "IT IS MODI ALL THE WAY" will prove right, as it has happened in September, 2013.


Recently, I tweeted that Mulayam would prefer or at least say he would go alone, a 3% loss to Pariwar, Pawar will join him another 2% loss and Owaisi will play his cards that will be another 5% loss.


I tweeted many times to Nitish Kumar directly to contest all 243 seats, face imminent defeat but he would save his honour by not aligning with the corrupt and the convict. Vinash Kaale Viparit Buddhi! even Statrughan removed his foot from his mouth reading the writing on the wall.


Through this blog, that I will share with Nitish and all JDU leaders on Twitter and Face Book advising him to disown the Cobras and live a respectful life. He already sacrificed the honour of his followers to take revenge on his fiends who, he considered were doing harm to him. The frog should come out of the well and rescue himself from the Cobras that already swallowed his state reputation. This story from Panchatantra suits well in this context.



The Greedy Cobra and The King Of Frogs



A big well was the home of Gangadatta, king of frogs. Unable to bear his perceived harassment by his friends and relatives, the king abandoned his kingdom and came out of the well and thought,


Deeply lost in such thoughts, the frog king saw a big cobra entering the burrow of a tree and thought, “We must set an enemy to fight an enemy, set a strong person to crush another strong person. Their end will bring us happiness.”


With this aim in view, he went to the burrow and called the cobra, “Priyadarsana, please come out.”


The Greedy Cobra and The King Of Frogs


The cobra, however, was careful. He thought, “Who is this fellow? He does not seem to be one of us. I don’t have any friends outside my circle. I will stay inside and find out who the caller is. He could be a magician or someone seeking my help in killing his enemy.”


Then, the cobra shouted from inside, “Who are you, sir?”


"I am Gangadatta, king of frogs. I have come to seek your help,” said the caller.


“I cannot believe you. Can there be friendship between a blade of dry grass and fire? Haven’t the learned said that he, who is natural prey to the predator never, even in a dream, gets closer to him? I cannot trust your words,” said the cobra.


“O Priyadarsana, what I tell you is true. You are my born enemy. But I have come to you seeking help to avenge my humiliation. The learned have said,


“Who humiliated you,” asked the cobra.


“It is my relatives.”


“Where do you live? Is it a well or a pond or a tank?”


“It is a well with stone walls.”


“But I have no legs. How can I reach the well and kill your enemies?”


“Sir, please don’t say no. I will show you how to enter the well. There is a crevice in the wall that opens into the well. It’s a nice hiding place for you. Come, I will show you,” said Gangadatta, king of frogs.


The cobra then thought, “I have become old. Rarely can I get a frog to eat. This fellow has come to give me a new lease of life. I will go with him and have a daily feast of frogs.”


Addressing the king of frogs, the cobra said, “Let’s go.”


“But there is a condition,” said Gangadatta, “Priyadarsana, I will take you there and show you the place. But you should spare frogs that are close to me. You should eat only those I select as food for you.”


The cobra replied, “You are now my friend. I give you my word. I will eat only those marked by you as my food.”


The cobra then emerged from its burrow and accompanied the king of frogs to the well. The frog king showed him the crevice in the well and his relatives who deserved to be killed. The cobra happily settled in the crevice and finished in course of time all those frogs their king had marked for extermination.


Now, without frogs to eat, the cobra told the king, “I have destroyed all your enemies. Now show me prey for food. It is you who brought me here.”


The Greedy Cobra and The King Of Frogs


Now, without frogs to eat, the cobra told the king, “I have destroyed all your enemies. Now show me prey for food. It is you who brought me here.”


Gangadatta told him, “You have done your job to help me. Now, it is time for you to leave this place.”


“How can I leave?” protested the cobra. “Someone else will occupy my place. So, I will not go, I will stay here only. You offer me one frog every day from your circle of relatives.”


Repenting for making friends with a natural enemy, Gangadatta thought it was better to offer the cobra one friend a day, remembering the saying that “he who befriends a stronger enemy invites certain death. A wise man does not lose all his wealth to save a paltry sum.”


Accordingly, the king of frogs began offering the cobra a frog a day. But the wicked cobra swallowed all the frogs. One day, it was the turn of Yamunadatta, son of the king of frogs. The king cried bitterly over the loss of his son. His wife then told him that there was no point in crying over the past and that he should immediately leave the place and look for ways to end the menace of the cobra.


As days passed, the cobra finished off the entire tribe of frogs with the exception of king Gangadatta. So, he asked Gangadatta, “Look, my friend, there is now no frog left for me to eat. I am very hungry. Show me where and how can sate my hunger.”


The king replied, “Priyadarsana, don’t worry about food as long as I am your friend. You get me out of this well. I will go and look for wells full of frogs. I will tempt them to come here and you can have your fill.”
The cobra said, “You are like a brother to me, Gangadatta. I can’t kill you. But if you bring me food, you will be as good as my father. I will get you out of this well.” Thus, the king came out and disappeared. The cobra was eagerly waiting for the king to bring him food. When Gangadatta failed to turn up even after a long time, the cobra sought the help of a chameleon.
“My friend, you know Gangadatta very well. Please go to him and tell him that it does not matter if he cannot bring me a frog. Let him come. I cannot live without such a trusted friend.”
The chameleon carried the message of the cobra to the king of frogs and told him, “Your friend Priyadarsana is eagerly looking for you to return.”
Gangadatta told him, “Excuse me sir, who can trust a hungry man. You may please go.”


You know the Cobras and the frog., But the innocent frogs that were decimated are the Bihar populace who expected the king to protect them but he left them in the jungle in the care of cobras. Now that he is alone, he can rescue himself by either withdrawing from the arena for five years and build his base or contest alone and re join NDA gracefully. I feel Modi will welcome him as he too is an able administrator and incorruptible. He should leave his ego, need not apologise as Modi is from the genre of crooked politicians who demand apology at the drop of a hat.


I already said in my previous blogs that greed kills and only hardwork can win laurels from public. I tweeted this to Nitish Kumar directly. His greed, arrogance and ego are not leaving him despite all set backs. still he thinks he can cobble together a caste alliance. Youth are telling, "We respect caste. But Caste will ensure growth. so we prefer Modi." and "We never expected Nitish to join hands with Lalu and Sonia, the epitomes corruption and criminality". These are taken from news reports appearing in papers. This is illustrative and not exhaustive.


The following story from Panchtantra fits the bill here.

Brahmin and The Cobra

Haridatta was a Brahmin living in a hamlet. He was a farmer but the piece of land he cultivated gave him very little to survive. One day, unable to stand the heat of the summer sun, he went to a big tree in his land to rest for a while. Before he could spread himself on the ground he saw in the nearby anthill a huge cobra swaying with his hood open.


He thought, “This cobra must really be the Goddess of this land. I have never worshipped her, which is why I am not able to get anything from the land. From today, I will worship her.”


At once he went back to his village and returned with a glass full of milk.


He poured it in a bowl and turning to the anthill said, “O ruler of the land, I did not know you were living in this anthill. That is why I have not paid my tribute to you. Please excuse me and accept this humble offering.”


He then placed the bowl of milk at the anthill and left the place.


Next day when the Brahmin came to his land before the Sun was up, he saw a gold coin in the bowl he had left at the anthill. Henceforth, he came alone every dawn, collected the coin, offered the milk in the bowl and left. One day the Brahmin, leaving for another village on business, asked his son to go to the anthill and offer milk. When the son went the next day, he found a gold coin in the bowl.


He collected the coin and thought, “This anthill must be full of gold. If I kill the cobra, I can collect all the gold in one go instead of coming here every day.” The Brahmin and The Cobra


He then struck the cobra with a big stick. But the cobra deftly dodged the blow but stung the son to death with his poisonous fangs. Returning to his village the next day, Haridatta heard the story of his son’s death and at once realised that greed was behind it.


The Brahmin and The Cobra

The Brahmin went to the anthill the day after his son’s cremation and offered milk to the cobra. Without coming out of his hole, the cobra told Haridatta,


“You have come here for gold forgetting that you had lost a son and that you were in mourning. The reason is greed, pure greed. From today, there is no meaning in our relationship. Blinded by his youth, your son has struck me and I bit him back. How can I forget that blow? How can you suffer the grief of your son’s death? Finally, I am giving you this diamond, don’t come back again.”


Ending the story of the Brahmin and the cobra, Raktaksha told Arimardana, “The lesson is that love once betrayed cannot be regained. 


Here the Brahmin's son represents greed of the Brahmin and his quest for gold after death of his son represents his excessive greed. The serpent is the good God, Lord Subrahmanya, none other than the voter. the last gold coin or vote was given and no more, is the moral.



I again reiterate for the wisdom of JDU leaders that their first mistake was to approach Mulayam, the cunning mediator out to outsmart Nitish in his own game. The following story from Panchatantra will illustrate my point.


The Cunning Mediator



A sparrow was living in the hollow of a big tree that I had made my home. His name was Kapinjala. We became good friends and used to spend our time discussing characters in our literature and the unusual things we saw in our travels. One day, my friend left the tree with other sparrows in search of food and did not return even after nightfall. I began to worry. “What happened to him? Did any hunter take him away? He never leaves my company even for a while.”


Days passed without any trace of my friend Kapinjala. One fine morning, a hare named Sighragha, came and silently occupied the hollow that my friend made his home. It did not worry me because there was no word about Kapinjala and I had lost all hopes of his return. But one day, he returned looking healthier than he was when he had left and found that the hare had taken his place.


Kapinjala told the hare, “O hare, what you have done is improper. You have displaced me. Leave the place immediately.”


Sighragha hit back saying, “What are you talking? This is my place. Haven’t you heard the elders saying that nobody has rights over a public well, a temple, a pond and a tree? Whoever enjoys land for more than ten years also becomes its owner. That needs no evidence or documents of proof. This place is not yours any more.”

The sparrow told him, “Oh, you are quoting legal scriptures! Let us go to an expert in law and ethics. We will abide by his ruling.”



The Cunning Mediator
The hare agreed to this proposal and both of them went in search of an expert. Curious to see what would happen, I also followed them. Meanwhile, word about their quarrel had reached a wicked and wild cat. Knowing the route that the hare and the sparrow would take, the cat set up a camp on the way. He spread a mat of grass on the ground and went into a posture of meditation. Facing the sun and raising his hands in worship, the cat began reciting scriptures,



The Cunning Mediator



“This world has no essence. Life is passing. All liaisons with lovers are like a dream. Your ties with the family are illusory. There is no alternative to following the right path. The learned have said,”



“I will end this long discourse and tell you in a nutshell what the right path is. Doing good to others is virtue. Tormenting others is vice. This is the essence of our philosophy. I am in the service of God and have given up all desires. I will not do you any harm. After hearing your account, I will decide who among you is the rightful owner of the place in the tree. But I am now very old and cannot hear you properly. So, please come close to me and narrate your story.”
When the poor and innocent sparrow and hare came within the reach of the cat, he pounced on them and grabbed the sparrow in his teeth and slashed the body of the hare with his jaws and killed them.